Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! I've decided to blog about my hiking and outdoor adventures, because I love it and want to share it with the world. Walking in the woods is one of my favorite things to do, and popping out onto an exposed summit with an amazing view makes walking in the woods even better. I'm working on the New England 4000-footer list, a list of 67 peaks in New Hampshire, Maine and Vermont. As of starting this blog, I've hiked 10 of them (7 in NH, 3 in VT). It won't be easy, but I'd like to complete the list someday. I don't just hike 4000-footers - I'm perfectly happy hiking just about anything. My hiking group does Mount Monadnock every spring (a very popular 3150' mountain in NH), and recently a few of us discovered the Blue Hills Reservation near Boston, which has a great network of trails and a very nice view of Boston from the 640' Great Blue Hill. We didn't hike too much last summer due to crappy weather and conflicting schedules, but I'd like to make up for it this summer with a bunch of good trips. This year so far, I've done Monadnock, Killington and Pico in VT, and Flume and Liberty in NH. I will update this with other trips as I take them and other pertinent information. Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    I may have missed this somewhere in your blog...but I can't find your name!!! I can only find your name as "squeakytrees" in your about me section.

    I stumbled across your blog via the Outdoor Bloggers Network and like it a lot. It is always nice to find another hiking blog about New England. Congrats on starting your journey for the NE67! My buddy just finished the NH48...and it was quite the accomplishment. Keep posting! I'm going to list your blog on my site, if that is okay!

    Karl
    http://livefreeandhikenh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karl, my "about me" section isn't very complete I guess! My name is Liz :) I found your blog at OBN too, love networking w/ other New England hikers! I've only completed 10 of the NE67 but I'm working my way on up. I'm not super experienced, but I really love hiking and I've felt myself getting better & stronger over the last 3 seasons. Maybe someday I'll finish the list :D

    Love your blog, looking forward to continuing to read! :D glad to have found other blogs to network with! I'm slowly compiling blogs to list on my site, I will definitely include you as well :) have a good night!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete