Sunday, February 12, 2012

Shooting the moon

I got a telephoto lens for Christmas! It's awesome and I'm so excited about it, but really haven't had much of a chance to take it anywhere yet. About a week ago I was inside, feeling kind of bored (and unwell, or I would've taken a walk) and noticed the moon rising in my skylight. It was dusk so the sky was still pretty light, and the moon was big (close to full). I figured why not play around a bit - so I busted out the telephoto and tripod and did some experimenting.

It took me a few tries to get the settings right, but I ended up with some surprisingly good photos, especially for being taken through the skylight! I was going to go outside last week for the full moon and try again but it was cloudy. This shot is the clearest. It isn't altered at all, just cropped so the moon is in the center of the photo. I'll post more as they come!

2 comments:

  1. I like poking around in old places, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious, what sort of lens was this on? Did you ever follow-up and shoot it again outside?

    ReplyDelete