Tuesday, March 27, 2018

4 years later and I'm back!

I've decided to come back to this, I can't believe I stopped updating it so long ago. Life has gotten in the way and I haven't been doing a lot of hiking the last couple years - however, I now have a little man who's about to turn 2! We've joined some local Hike It Baby groups (www.hikeitbaby.com), and I'd like to continue getting him outdoors for play and exploration and hiking as much as I can. He isn't big enough yet for any big hikes, but I'm hoping maybe by the fall I can take him to a smaller mountain in NH, maybe Sunapee or Major, or Cardigan. For now he's very happy tramping around in the woods and running along flat trails with me, which is great, and he loves playing and exploring in the yard.

The focus of this blog will stay about the same; I will document our outdoor adventures here and maybe share any tips or resources or info on getting kids outside and into nature, which is really important to us. Some gardening may be included and some waste reduction and 'greening' tips since I've been thinking a lot about that lately and would like to make some changes in our household. There might be some conservation and environmental issues stuff thrown in too. Not sure who I'll be able to reach with this blog, but I enjoy this type of thing even just for myself. So, whoever is reading I hope our content is at least enjoyed and please leave comments!

A bit about Hike it Baby - this is a great organization dedicated to getting kids and families outside and teaching kids to love, appreciate and respect nature. There are lots of branches all over the country and even though I work full-time, we've tried to do as many hikes with our local group as possible, and hosted one or two so far.



No comments:

Post a Comment